Since the last update, I fixed up masked drawing and implemented
rudimentary cons support, so you can even sort of interact with the
system! I'm working to make the server automatic, so that web clients
can just connect without manual intervention on the Plan 9 host. Once
that works, I want to implement mouse support and make keyboard input
Unfortunately, I didn't implement the window-management functions
needed to run rio, and there are still various instances of poor
design and hacky student code.
This project has been great fun, and I learned a whole lot. Many
thanks to my mentor, Erik Quanstrom, for encouraging me when I was
intimidated by scary things like compression!
A few demo screenshots may be found here:
and the project, now with a bit of documentation, is at:
So long, and thanks for all the fish!